Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I realize more and more what it is I would like to do. Its refreshing to be in a country like Korea. I have gotten out my frustration of not knowing. Now I feel the excitement and normal'ness' of living day to day in a unknown environment. It is certiainly my goal to live and work abroad, in a place like this.
The time with the kids was very special. The set-up provided a great oppurtunity to bond through physical and emotional space, for both the children and myself. If I was only teaching English  do not think I would have had the level contact that we did. Many of the kids had a lot of pent up energy and behaved extremely individualistically... very surpising no?
They challenged and experiemented with authority throughout our time, but eventually a balance was struck and the kids felt welcoming and open to my presence. Given the space and format I was succesfully able acheive the stated objecttives: to provide interaction and a positive experience for the kids as a foreigner.

No comments:

Post a Comment