Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I had asked Ms. Yim, "how am I supposed to identify what is a copy or not, I assume everything is a copy in Namdaemun."

She repsonded by stating that yes, I assume that everything is a copy, but why? What does the setting or place have to do with the concept of autheniticity? From the street market to the fancy department store how does my consuming engine shift gears, and how does my market mind analyze the landscape?

I dont really have a response, except that I realize I would be pressed to purchase buy a real rolex. I would be more likely to buy a copy or cheaper brand, from Namdemun market and have a good loking watch. Status and class come along with the purchase, and the location. This feeds into conumser behaviors and ideas of how they construct their identity?

No comments:

Post a Comment